Effective as of 26 November 2019
Technologies Similar to CookiesWe may use other tracking technologies similar to cookies while you use or access our Services, like web beacons, flash cookies, or pixels. These technologies also help us understand how you use our Services. We use the following technologies:
- Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as “clear gifs”) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. They are the size of a period at the end of this sentence. Instead of being stored on your device like cookies, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages. We use web beacons to help us better manage content on our Services and other similar reasons to cookies.
- Flash Cookies: We may also use “flash cookies” (also known as “Local Shared Objects” or “LSOs”) to collect information about your use of our Services. Flash cookies are commonly used for advertisements and videos.
- Pixels: A “pixel” or “tag” can be placed on a website or within an email for the purposes of tracking your interactions with our Services or when emails via Lever are opened or accessed by email recipients. Pixels are often used in combination with cookies.
Disabling CookiesYou can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Opting Out of CookiesAs described in this Policy, we use third-party analytics providers to collect information about the effectiveness of our Services and marketing campaigns. Some of the third parties that provide such cookies allow you to opt-out of their processing directly, as further described on their websites below:
- Bing: choice.microsoft.com
- Google Analytics: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on)
- Hotjar: hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out
- Optimizely: optimizely.com/legal/opt-out/
- Quantcast: quantcast.com/opt-out/
- Segment.io: segment.com/docs/legal/privacy
The Cookies We SetWe use the cookies described below on our Services:
- Strictly Necessary: Some of the cookies we use are necessary to provide our Services to you. For example, these cookies help you: see the right information when you login to our Services; navigate from page to page without having to sign in on every page; detect, prevent, and mitigate malicious and fraudulent activities on our Services; support and enable other security features. Without such cookies, some of our Services cannot be provided to you.
- Functional: Functional cookies collect information about how you use our Services, provide you with certain functions on our Services, and they remember your preferences. For example, these cookies allow our Services to remember your language selection or username as you navigate through our Services. Functional cookies also perform important functions for your use of the Services. For example, when you send a referral link to your Lever job posting, a cookie will be placed on your device and the devices of any individuals that click on the link. These cookies help Lever track the referrals you have made so you can receive proper credit and gain valuable insights on the effectiveness of your referral campaign.
- Analytics, Performance and Research: These cookies help us understand how well our Services are doing. They collect information about your use and interaction with our Services, including emails sent via Lever, so that we can continue to improve and expand our Services.
- Marketing: Our marketing cookies allow us to collect information about your interactions with our marketing activities, such as parts of our website and our emails. Such cookies measure how you interact with our marketing communications to determine, among other things, how effective a marketing campaign is. For example, we may measure whether certain marketing communications resulted in purchases.
- Advertising: These cookies deliver relevant advertisements to you off of our Services. Our advertising partners will collect information about your interaction with their advertisements to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaign and to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests.