Currently, competition for talent is fierce. It’s a job seeker’s market, where top talent has an abundance of opportunities open to them. If your organization is scaling up and looking to improve its high volume hiring, finding the right people to join your team can be challenging.
So, where do you start?
Your hiring strategy will help you hire the best people for long-term success and growth. However, you need to take a unique approach to source high volume staff rather than traditional recruitment. That’s because traditional recruitment processes are time-consuming and not designed to handle filling several open positions at once.
For fast and efficient growth, a high volume recruiting process is the best way to attract top talent. We’ll walk you through the process so you’re able to take full advantage of this strategy.
What is high volume hiring?
High volume hiring is a recruitment process that lets your company accurately fill numerous open positions during a short span of time. It differs from traditional recruitment in a few ways. Analytics and automation have become key ingredients to effectively manage a high volume hiring process.
When companies need high volume hiring, they’re often hiring for hundreds or thousands of positions. The standard hiring process doesn’t work for this type of large-scale drive for talented employees. You need to effectively screen and source talent, but it can’t just be any talent.
Hiring the wrong personnel costs companies exorbitantly. According to most statistics, replacing an employee can cost as much as 2 times that employee’s salary. And the rate of turnover has dramatically increased. A few years ago, it was at about 25%. In 2020, it skyrocketed to an astounding 57%.
Your business can’t afford to make mistakes in hiring, especially at a high volume.
What is the difference between high volume hiring and regular recruiting?
High volume recruiting involves filling many jobs at once. For many reasons, this approach to hiring requires a strategy that’s different from the traditional recruiting model. For example, a typical recruiting strategy involves hiring for one or a few positions, but that process can be lengthy because your company may not need to fill those positions immediately. In many cases, you can leverage existing employees to help fill gaps until you find the right people to fill them.
This standard process works well if you’re only filling a few roles because it involves narrowing the pool of potential hires, then interviewing each of them. There may be several rounds or you may find the right fit fairly quickly.
In contrast, a high volume hiring process essentially requires you to recruit many people within a small space of time, and that can’t happen manually. If you’re hiring for 500 positions, you might get 5,000 applicants. It takes several rounds of screening to narrow down those applicants and decide who you’ll hire. All of that may sound daunting, but with the right technology in place, you can easily optimize your high volume hiring strategy.
What are some ways you can innovate your high volume hiring tactics?
A high volume hiring strategy needs to be structured in a way that makes the process efficient and concise. Finding candidates isn’t enough–you need the right candidates. With the right platform and tools, you can create an intuitive hiring strategy that helps scale your company in no time.
5 Innovative Strategies to Improve High Volume Hiring:
- Use technology to automate resume screening. Resume screening is a tedious process to accomplish manually, and not entirely effective when recruiting for a high volume of open positions. With automated processes, you can organize top resumes to make screening faster and more efficient.
- Talent rediscovery will help you speed up your sourcing for high volume hiring. With the right solutions, you can easily analyze past applicants and match them with open roles.
- Use your recruiting metrics to see what works and find shortcuts. Your recruiting metrics give you a wealth of information. You can set up clear reporting on where the majority of your hires come from and other data that can help you improve your outreach to applicants.
- Hiring data and performance metrics of current and past employees can inform your hiring choices tremendously. For example, you can sort data by the best performing employees and where they were sourced from.
- Personalize your approach with top talent. The fact that you’re automating does not mean that you shouldn’t personalize. In fact, these tools allow you to access more information about each candidate, making it easy to talk directly to the applicant in a way that they appreciate and engage with.
What are some unique methods that companies can use to attract candidates?
Today’s recruitment landscape is highly competitive, which means organizations have to focus on differentiating themselves from competitors and other companies actively recruiting for similar roles. That’s where employer branding becomes a critical component of your recruiting process, even in situations where you’re hiring high volume.
Here are some unique ways you can attract top talent by leveraging your employer brand:
- Unique benefits: Today, traditional benefits no longer do the trick in attracting and retaining talent. But flexible, curated benefits could just be the key. When 69% of employees feel a wider array of benefits and perks would keep them loyal to their organizations, you can’t afford to ignore such needs. For example, you might consider benefits that include flexible vacation time or remote work stipends. The takeaway here is to offer the benefits people demand from today’s top employers.
- Use all your channels: Applicants aren’t only using email now. Many of your applicants use social media platforms, LinkedIn, and text. Make sure you’re reaching them via their preferred method. Most companies are active on a range of social channels, and your applicants are, too. Leveraging both owned and social channels (like LinkedIn and Instagram) can help broaden your reach and showcase your employer brand to potential hires.
- Networking events: Ensure your company has a presence at physical and virtual networking events, where potential employees may be searching for the right organization to join and lend their skills to.
- Add technology for your interview process: People have been doing phone interviews forever. Add video interviewing capabilities with platforms like Zoom, Google Hangouts, or even FaceTime for a more personal touch.
How can Lever’s solutions assist with your high volume hiring?
Lever’s complete talent acquisition suite, LeverTRM, tackles the most strategic challenge that companies face today: how to grow their teams. With Lever, you can automate, personalize, nurture, and hire all from one convenient database. Lever gives you reminders to streamline the process and helps your HR team create winning strategies that capture candidate interest and build strong teams.
Ready to see what Lever can do for your business? Get your personalized demo today.